Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Blogging challenge 12WBT style - week 1

Another blogger, Kath from Courage to Start, on my 12 week body transformation (12WBT) program has again issued a weekly challenge for other 12WBT bloggers. I participated in those she offered in my first round, so thought I'd again join in the fun and frivolity. Plus, it means I don't have to think of something to blog about today.

1. Describe yourself in 25 words or less. You can get straight to the point - or bring your creativity into play.
I’m a single 43 year old woman, slightly frustrated with her life. And my weight is only part of it. I’m one of those people who assume I can’t be happy, or that things won’t fall into place until I get my weight under control… or until I feel, and look, like a normal person!


2. What brings you to 12wbt? Getting fitter? Losing weight? (Gaining weight??) Are you first timer, a repeat offender??Losing weight. This is my second round and I mostly refer to the program as a weight-loss program, although a few other 12WBTers pick me up on it regularly, given that many on the program are doing the ‘Lean and Strong’ version. But for me – and where I’m at, at the moment – it’s all about losing weight.


3. Why do you blog??
Ha! I can cheat here as I wrote about it yesterday… but in summary I blog because I love writing and am sufficiently self-absorbed to assume my thoughts are of interest to others.


4. Who is your biggest inspiration in life and why (doesn't have to be weight loss)I’m not one to have idols. In fact, there probably isn’t ONE person I would like to be. Naturally I’d like to have the body of many-a Hollywood actress or almost any athlete (other than a shot-putter or female Sumo wrestler. Of course!); the mind of someone far more sane and intellectual than myself; or the money of any mogul. But… I’m inspired by lots of people who overcome everyday hardships and just get on with it without the self-pity and victim mentality which often consumes me. At the moment I’m in my hometown because my father’s in hospital. And, as I watch my mother’s patience and tenderness towards him I am truly touched.
5. What things in life bring you the most joy?I’m seriously tempted to say food and alcohol. But… because I’m now (well, ummm…. becoming) a more evolved and enlightened person I won’t say that. I SHOULD probably say, family and friends and that is true – in part. But the things I love doing the most are: writing, reading and watching television. Hmph, who says I’m superficial?!


6.What do you think your greatest challenge is going to be this round?Remaining as focused as I was in my first round. I wouldn’t have even considered eating chocolate or cake, biscuits, chips etc, BUT am not sure I’m as resolute as I was back then.


7. What are you most excited about 12wbt?The bloody weight loss. Of course!


8. And what scares the pants off you?Failure, a loss of motivation, distraction. Giving up.


9. Tell me - right now - today - how do you feel about exercise in no more than 10 wordsExercise something that HAS to be done, rather than enjoyed.


10. Complete this sentence - in 12 weeks time - on the last day of 12wbt I am going to be feelingA sense of pride at how well I’ve done, over the 12 weeks and in total. And… I will be even closer to my goal.

6 comments:

  1. Can I issue an additional challenge?

    "Exercise something that HAS to be done, rather than enjoyed."

    It's tough to enjoy some of the cardio machines indoors at the gym when the goal is weight loss, especially if you are out of shape. No doubt.

    BUT...can you find SOME form of exercise - boxing, yoga, roller skating, walking, luge, skiing, biking, mixed-martial arts combat, etc - that you enjoy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. rock climbing, para gliding, sailing, rowing, competitive three legged races, pulling monster trucks by a rope with your teeth, tai chi, fencing, basketball, soccer, pole vault, gazelle hunter, etc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! J, I assume you're trying to convince me exercise can be enjoyed. Actually I like dancing and used to love Les Mills Body Jam - and have just started doing something similar... though I still don't think... 'Wow, I feel like I need to do some exercise!'

    I still remember when I was at University (yes... sadly it was about 25yrs ago) when someone in my college dorm finished an exam and was all pumped and wanted to celebrate: by going for a run?!! I was horrified!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping you were going to try the luge :) So there you go - some form of physical activity you enjoy, as long as you don't label it exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the luge the thing you lie in to catapult down an icy tunnel? A la "Cool Runnings"? I could probably do that.... (though we don't get a LOT of snow here in Oz). Perhaps I should stick to Zumba!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's the one. australia huh? nice place - my favorite vacation - 3 days at uluru and then 1.5 weeks camper vanning from sydney to adelaide. lots of great stuff to do down your way :)

    ReplyDelete